Why it's important to lime or rotenone any remaining pudlles if you want to start over.

In my case all the female yellow perch and male bluegill were temporarily moved to a holding pond after the pond was drained and rotenined. Then they were put back once the pond was refilled.

I had anglers come out and catch as many fish as we could and then the pond as drained down three feet and seined. Once the water was onky a few inches deep the salvagable fish were scooped up and pitched into the two tanks I had sunk previously. Not shown was a ladder near the tanks where I took the fish out of the tanks with a five gallon bucket to be moved to a holding pond.

Total fish removed were about 300 yellow perch mostly in the 11 to 13 inch range and about 100 large bluegills.

There isn't much muck except in a few spots, and even then it's not more tgan a few inches, as I was able to walk around the bottom in waders scooping up fish. The pond was built in 1994 but I've been aerating since about 1995. my guess is if I didn't aerate there would be more muck. Don't believe in adding bacteria though.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/22/14 09:37 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.