Thanks for the warm welcome.

Please don't say the "D" word. I can't get an excavator back there (there's a house in the way) plus, I'm pretty sure that Dave Ramsey would squeal. It's obvious he never owned a pond. Let's just say I have more time than money.

I'm about 90% on a new standpipe cover. Last Easter Sunday, my neighbor and I spent the afternoon unplugging the old one, as the spring rains had us flooded for about a month. But we tore it up pretty good getting it to flow. The new cover will add almost a foot to the water level, and should keep it pretty constant, due to the diagonal opening and heavy bar grating. So, a lot of fresh water is coming soon.

My goals are fairly simple:

1. work on water clarity, keep it from getting worse. The bottom is visible to about five feet out, but things get kinda cloudy after that. I know nothing about ponds, but I do know this one's been neglected.

2. at least stem the muck problem - if I cant turn it around. That's some stinkin slick stuff, and once you're in it it's hard to get out. LOL. Releases all kinds of bubbles of rotten egg funk. Could probably get a Bobcat back there to dip in around the good, flat part of the shoreline, but would have to haul away in a dump trailer. It's hard to get a pickup down there. Pretty sure a dump truck is a no go.

3. Have a floating dock in by spring. At that five-foot level, it's about hip deep, so I'm thinking one of those DIY jobs with plastic drums ... something I can build myself once I've gotten all the parts together.

4. Bout the only thing on my wish-list, as far as fish go, is to do no harm. We catch-and-release anyway, so allowing them to thrive is a priority. Maybe stock some red minnows or fat heads later for mosquito control?

Of course, all of that is subject to change, due to time and money issues. But I love my little pond, and feel like it could use some help along the way.

Appreciate the insight,

Mark