The way I see and understand it:

32% is certainly adequate but not optimum IF you are trying to grow larger, quicker growing, fish. That's been proven. However, none of the monster bass in Texas lakes have eaten anything other than forage. So, just how important is it? I'm not sure. I do believe that pedigree can make a difference.

How about geographic differences? Nate figures to beat the world record bass in the colder, shorter growing season up North. If anyone can do it, he can.

Al Hall produces massive CNBG's and he feeds high protein pellets to what I call the upchuck amounts.

I believe that the right amount and numbers of the right forage can make a difference. Fish with high oily amounts of oil can make a difference. Purina uses Menhaden in their AMAX feeds. A fish that doesn't have to burn up much energy to feed will grow better and quicker. Again, this assumes genetics are there.

What about life spans on fish that have been fed to satiation on high or lower protein amounts? No matter what region? I don't know.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP