I should clarify on the amount these ponds swell then receed. They are in the midst of a three year drought.

Pond #1 never receeds. These past 3 years drained it completely when the water table dropped and the spring ran dry. That is the first time since 1991 that the pond has drained. This pond I am leaning towards CNBG FH, LMB, RES. Managed for bigger bass.

Pond #2 has not been dry since 1991 except these last three years. It does however seasonally drop, but we are talking a 2-3ft drop on an average year. Considering BC, LMB, CC, FH, CNBG, RES. Managed for an overstocked bass pond, a quantity not size of catch pond where there are a multitude of smaller bass, and larger crappie and bluegill that can be harvested fairly heavily.

Pond #3 is more drastic in its swelling and receeding. It is rather large in comparison to its water shed. It usually varies between the full 7, and 5 acre range. This will most likely stay catfish only, but may restock. Not sure how to determine how to restock it.

Pond #4 is the same way, usually looses 2-5ft a year until spring. Hoowever this pond is much deeper and much steeper. We have caught bass before from it. Would be interested in bass/CNBG in it however the water is rather turbid. I believe the bass and CNBG survive in spite of this.

Last edited by DBlackston; 08/29/14 10:11 PM.