Ok Guy's,

Went to the Hatchery this morning.

1st question I asked the guy was about his Hybrid Bream types. What was the difference between the 3 Hybrids they advertise. He said "Nothing Different". The only Hybrid they offer is the Hybrid Coppernose. He couldn't really tell me why they carry 3 names on there website, other than some people like to say Florida Giants, or HBG.

Then I threw the question out about having to restock Hybrids as I remove them due to the slower reproduction & likelihood of the GSF when they do reproduce. He clearly said after I asked him twice. These will will NOT reproduce back to the GSF due to the Male Dominate CNBG. Says they offspring will eventually be the CNBG. .....?.....

I then asked how do I know I will be getting true Hybrids when I come get my fish. He did tell me that they drain there Hatchery ponds every year and start fresh with CNBG and GSF to guarantee a F1 Hybrid. Said there will start to sell there new hatch around Labor Day & through the fall.

Overall, I am glad I made the trip. I did think it would be a bit more "professionally" ran when I got there, but I guess there is not much going on while fish are in the water doing there thing. And this place is also a $2,500/yr Fishing Club with multiple ponds on it. The one guy that was there was very nice and answered anything I asked. I did not get any references from him, as I didn't really ask.
But I am kind of skeptical about the reproduction comment and the 3 Hybrid names they offer on there site. www.stockapond.com Unclear to me why a business would do that.

Anyway. That was my trip.
Thanks
Chad

Last edited by Chad Horn; 08/09/14 06:26 PM.