Kelly I stated there are chemicals for water use. What I said are real world experiences. Why are these chemicals used by these three farmer friends is because they have Roundup in large barrel drums and for them it's very cheap. Two have had their ponds for over 20 years and one for 30 using Round up on cattails with no effects they are aware of. They also use copper sulfate, die for submerged weeds control that they pick up at the farm store. And grass carp. One of the ponds produce huge bluegills. I used what I use for my driveway, and after careful testing the dosage I saw no problems at all. After Glyphosate the rest of the ingredients on the product were listed as inert. Inert materials are usually not listed and any problems probably are in this area. So at first I added a dishwater surfactant (what could be safer then that) but later found out I didn't even need that. In my product, most likely a surfactant would cause a problem if one can be seen. I'm going to a pond seminar next week and perhaps I'll ask the question (can you use Roundup, and if he says no, I'll ask what is the damage you've seen.) Let's just say I ask this question from an expert once before and you wouldn't like the answer.

I see more life taking place in and around my pond area then any pond I have seen. That's because plants are the source of life and is food for bugs on up the chain. If I still had muskrats I wouldn't even be spraying a few cattails. I don't represent any chemical companies and I try to present a different view on the forum. I hope a contrary view isn't pushing the envelope and out of the box too much.