Beaux, You must be a happy man indeed to be married to a girl who is willing sacrifice the convenience of supermarket life for that of the sights, sounds and scents of the open range. There must be little to compare to the freedom of selecting the birds you decide to cook for supper, then catching, killing, eviscerating and disposing of the waste before serving them up as a savory dish for the family to enjoy. And that says nothing of the whetting of the appetite that comes from stuffing the head, feet and entrails into a baggie for disposal.

The garden you'll be able to grow with the animal fertilizer excitedly gathered by the wife and boys will be the envy of the neighborhood.

Imagine the pleasure of the neighbors at being awakened at daylight by the raucous cackling of hens, crowing of roosters and lowing of cattle. Add to that the pleasant scents of the barnyard wafting over their yards on a gentle south breeze as they and their guests enjoy a barbecue and you'll be a special neighbor indeed.

I've googled Vida Shaw Road and see that you're in Iberia Parish. The Sheriff of Iberia Parish is a friend, Louis Ackal, and the Chief Deputy is my nephew, Bert Berry; you might want to pop in to say hello (bring donuts) and to ask if they've ever before put down a lynch mob. I know that each has an extraordinary sense of humor as I hope you do.