That FA is dead - that's why it's floating to the surface.

To help prevent FA in the future, beneficial rooted vegetation will help utilize nutrient loads in your pond which will leave the FA nothing to feast upon. There are many cultivars available both submerged and emergent, no clue what is native in your part of the world [Amsterdam, Netherlands?].

Many of us use rakes to collect dying/floating FA and drag to shore. This will help the aesthetics and will help remove the decaying FA which is only reintroducing nutrients to the pond. Copper based products can treat FA, but others can help guide you in that process.

Lastly - I'm responding to you because I feel everyone deserves a second chance, and I sympathize with your frantic situation as I've been there before as a rookie pondmeister. The Pond Boss forum is unique in many ways - primarily as it serves as an incredible source of fishery and pond management science provided by generous, patient, selfless people I consider "family". When asking a new group of people with whom you're entirely unfamiliar for free pond management direction, I'd recommend employing a bit more patience and general decorum - we love helping thankful people.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]