I belong to a fishing club in Ohio (though I seldom get up there to fish anymore). Anyway, they had big issues with weeds (not FA, more like skunkweed) and turned to grass carp.

When the carp were young and growing they did a fine job on it, but as they got bigger they didn't seem to eat as much and the weeds began taking over again. This happened over a period of several years, I think.

One issue they had later was they put in a load of "grass carp" that actually contained silver carp, the ones famous for leaping out of the water when a boat goes by. Ever since then whenever you are on the lake (around 25 acres) on an electric motor (no others allowed), you will hear & see silver carp leaping out of the water and crashing back. Very annoying when you are trying to sneak up on the fish!

Of course, in 1/4 acre pond your control is far greater. With five fish, I believe you should see some results in a few months.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160