R&R, if your going to put some in there for looks add about 12 ozs. at a time. Before I had an aerator I poured (more like tossed) Aquashade out of a 16 oz.plastic disposable drinking cup in one spot, no need to walk around your pond to do this. I applied it on the side the wind was blowing from. It's fun to watch it spread out. The color was always uniform by morning even with hardly a breeze. After you pour it out, rinse your jar or cup with pond water away from where you poured it, it's super concentrated and every drop counts. Wear disposable gloves, don't get it on your clothes and I also try not to drip any on the shore but it eventually washes away.

By adding it a little at a time you can get it the shade you like. If you add too much you can't take it out, you'll have to wait for rain or watershed to dilute it. The dilution directions on the bottle is for targeting certain weeds but for esthetic's you will probably want to use much less.

Years ago Aquashade used to include a rubber earthworm (fishing lure type) that was attached on the outside of the bottle. The worm was a shade of light blue and could be compared to a jar of your pond water to determine if you had used the correct amount.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]