Originally Posted By: snrub
Originally Posted By: Nate S
With the Vertex I get 10psi+ in or out of the water. At the pump or at the end of the line.

With the old stone diffuser I get 1psi or under out of the water and around 5psi in 9' of water.

Notice on this page the water volumes moved are based on 1 cfm per disk. I'm wondering if you just have a lot more air than the orifice in the diffuser is expecting.

Lifting rates

Like Bluegillerkiller said, call Ted.

I was simply answering the question that was asked.

I do think I may be feeding the diffuser more than it is designed for. Looking at the setups that Ted sells and the systems put together buy Vertex on their website, they are showing a 1/3 HP single piston compressor with an output of 2.3 cfm at 5psi operating pressure for the 1 or 2 diffuser systems.

My compressor in comparison is putting out 4.34cfm at 5psi operating pressure and even if it goes to 15psi is still over 4cfm. Double what the single disc is rated for.

My guess is I am running too much compressor for one disk. As I've researched a bit more on the Vertex sight, they don't even jump to a compressor with the ratings of mine until their 4 disk system for lakes. All their pond systems run off 2cfm max with smaller compressors.

I guess with the more efficient diffusers less compressor is needed which is a good thing. I probably didn't research and ask enough questions prior to buying the new diffusers but that is ok, I am learning and believe can make work what I have.

I have left a message for Ted and when he feels good enough to call I am sure he will. I am pretty sure though with everyone's help here things are beginning to make sense.