I would rather attribute the cleaner water to the zebra mussels than the Cleanwater act... dont get me wrong, the dumping into the lake needed to stop, but everyone up there comments how things changed drastically when the zebra mussels invaded.

Anyhow I really never have given Lake Erie much thought at all until this week and now I cant get it out of my mind... The lake is relatively shallow with most of it I believe just 15-25' deep. There are not just walleye, but fish absolutely everywhere... seemed like by watching the graph on the boat that there were schools of fish pretty much at all times.... The captain would recognize the schools of bait, rough fish, and the types of predators just by how they marked on the graph. (he could be making it up that he knew what they were for all I know, but regardless it was ALOT of fish)..

Also there were commercial fishing boats all over netting all kinds of fish. I dont believe the boats we were seeing netting fish were allowed to net walleyes though...