Having no shade at the pond and wanting storage/work space I decided to build a shed with a porch roof to solve both needs. I started thinking 8x8, then changed to 8x10, then decided since I'm using 4x8 sheets of plywood, I might as well go 8x12 crazy.

I was able to build this in the shop which allowed me to work on it during the week when I got off work and not have to haul tools and equipment back and forth.

For you construction guys, remember this is a first for me!

Laying out the floor

Framing the walls and roughing in the door

Walls done, ready to sheet

Shed disassembled and with some (young and strong) help, got the floor moved to the pond.

Walls primed and ready to be hauled out to the pond.

Starting this project on Saturday the 5th at 4pm, it's now Thursday and they're calling for storms Saturday and Sunday (some possibly severe). So I took off work and recruited my dad (right) and my buddy's dad to help as I now have a deadline to get this sealed up by Friday afternoon.

We got the walls transported and everything's fitting great! But I had to rebuild the riser to increase the pitch (from 1/12 to 4/12)

Hoping the last wall is going to fit!

Rafters up and ready to sheet

End of day Thursday, roof sheeted and papered

And time to feed the crew

Each night after cleanup I put my lawn chair on the dock to relax, feed fish and cast a line, with Sammy's company!

Very encouraging to see some growing BG!

(to be continued)

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 04/15/14 06:34 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES