Hybrids are aggressive, and a ball on light tackle. However, like any other species they can become conditioned by an intense program of catch and release, and dependent upon how much angling pressure they encounter, you may find them becoming more difficult to catch.

It's also true that there is far less likelihood of them overrunning your pond and becoming stunted. You will still need to do your part however, by maintaining an adequate predator base, and adding new HBG every couple of years, or as conditions dictate. I would estimate they would live to around 6-7 years in your location.

I also think your pond would benefit by keeping cover, as well as aquatic growth, to a minimum. And I would encourage you to think about adding supplemental feeding into the program......Sure, it provides for bigger fish, but it also lends itself to a fun family activity. HBG aren't usually shy around the feed trough, and daily feedings can be quite the spectacle, especially if kids are in the picture.

Remember also that feeding can lead to water quality issues, so be prepared for that. And, by using LMB in a predatory role in a location where the forage is sparse, I predict you will see some of your bass taking to pelleted feed also. And as those bass grow, it will complicate your efforts when it comes to stocking replacement HBG. You may need to source larger stockers, or find a way to cage those smaller fish to allow them to grow to a size that will avoid predation before turning them out into the pond.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.