Esshup - I agree. ODNR's website states funding (loans) are available, on a first come, first serve basis. Still, I can't float a $30k repair bill. I fished for a whole 60 minutes last year.

I'm curious about their view on the siphon system as well, which is why I asked "why is it not appropriate?". Waiting on a response. I sent them the link above, that shows a system. Hopefully that will clear the air. I have a "backup" siphon system to lower the pond if needed. I'm hoping that is what they are picturing. But the system shown in the link, is automatic for level control.

The pipe in question is 12" ID, so a GoPro and an RC car would work. I just need to get enough light in there.

fish n chips -
I found out from the previous owners that ODNR has to approve everything. The ODNR website also states that they must approval all changes first, and you must have a Professional Engineer (of your own) sign and approve everything before submitting. They also remind you with just about every correspondence as well.

Could you message me the contact information for Mr Cody? Or is that his name on this board? I haven't had any luck finding people in this area who can work with this size of pond. It's either small Koi ponds, or huge state funded projects.

I think we all agree a siphon is just fine. I'll even put a larger pipe in, if it'll make them happy.

Last edited by cold1313; 03/25/14 12:07 PM.