BC and KM enjoyed reading your post. Keep us informed of how your trial product is working.

I recently completed a project in August that I thought you would chime in about. I applied EatchTec (chelated copper) over an entire 165 acre and 100 acre water supply reservoir in GA. I'll just describe the 100 acre. It has had "smelly" water for several years in late summer months. MY old professor determined it to be MIB from Oscillatoria. The Oscillatoria lives at greater than 4 meters for most of the year and migrates toward the surface in August every year. Once reaching the intake level it becomes a problem. Therefore, this year I applied the EarthTec. Testing revealed no change after 2 weeks. I thought that sucks but hey I got paid for the application (will probably not be coming back). Then at 3 weeks things started to change. At one month the Oscillatoria was 1% of pretreament amount. EarthTec was right and it has been a big success. Folks around town have never had better smelling water in September. A girl is doing her thesis work on the migrating Oscillatoria and I went and threw in a curve ball. So yes BC your are right it apparently stayed in suspension until binding to the most prevalent organic the Oscillatoria.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com