Holy cow, what a good looking ................fish!!!! laugh

Thanks for all the replies. Now I know more than I did. Sounds like good reasons to fit specific wants and needs. Bite better in cool weather, large harvest potential, etc.

"snrub I'm a rookie too! So listen to the experts!"

Absolutely. I do listen to the experts! I even often take their advice.

BUT, BUT BUT.............. While the "experts" may come up with a lot of the innovations, occasionally it is a rookie or just someone too stupid to know it can't be done........then goes and does it anyway.

Some of the great discoveries were as much a matter of "dumb luck" as intelligent foresight. And I can claim to be as dumb as anyone! crazy So who knows, I might come up with something worthwhile even the experts didn't think of.

Everyone should be thankful for all us idiots making dumb mistakes. Makes the experts look good, and provides examples for them to use. Plus, even idiots can have an opinion. I'm living proof. eek And if only experts are to give opinions, Pond Boss Forum could change its name to Pond Boss Lecture Series. cry

Edit: not a shot at you Zep. Just expressing a general opinion which I have thought of before, but you just opened up the opportunity for me to express it. And thanks for the picture of the........crappie.

Last edited by snrub; 02/12/14 03:06 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine