I have a nice little lake. We seeded much of it around the edges and the island with 4 or 5 way fescue. It is doing pretty decent around the edges and great on the island.

I have a bunch more to do with the lake yet such as sediment basins and landscaping. After doing the dirt work for landscaping, I'd like to plant some plants. I can get quite a bit of it in different government programs for wildlife and plan to do so to help prevent erosion and such. Maybe the short prairie grass for quail.

I'm also thinking about some fruit trees or different ones for wildlife and maybe some others for appearances.

I'm thinking about some plants around the pond for a privacy screen. I know I don't want any trees anywhere near the dam; but I'm thinking maybe some tall prairie grass. Surely those roots wouldn't cause problems and I think that tall prairie grass would get high and thick enough to provide a screen.

What are your thoughts on suggested trees, grasses, and using the tall prairie grass for a screen?

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]