Loretta, I don't know if there is a difference in the foam, installation, or what, but most buildings down here are foamed and not covered...except for the lower walls. I was looking at the websites of a few of the installers here and it looks like they spray the insulation and leave it be...especially the ceilings. Some paint it though, and it looks pretty good. They also spray the stuff on the top of buildings, both flat roof and pitched, so they must have the UV problem solved.

Kim, I hadn't even thought about the cooling aspect of having windows...duh! I always thought that if I built a traditional gable roofed shop I'd install a working cupola, but I don't know about this roof. I'll consider a window! I've got a giant porta-cool and plan on using it...they do a pretty good job. I will definitely come by sometime soon, if not this weekend, definitely the next. My father-in-law is in hospice care and will only be around a few more days.

esshup, JKB and jludwig: the guy I talked to so far said they spray a fire retardant top coat if left exposed...at least that's what I heard, I still have a lot to learn about the stuff. I'd think that due to the cost of the insulation alone that it'd be a smart move to provide some sort of protection, whether that be tin or plywood.

Hesperus, by the time I scrape together the cash required to do the insulation, I should get some immediate feedback on the effectiveness! It'll probably be getting warm here! This journey is really just starting!

I am still waiting on the roll-up door; it is supposed to be installed by Friday. Thank you all for your interest and advice!