Originally Posted By: Zep
Originally Posted By: george1
Welcome to Pond Fly Fishing.[/b][/color]Our goal is to share information about fly-fishing our ponds to make a perceived difficult sport a simple, effective, and fun way to catch our prized pond fish.

Thanks George for the informative introduction to "warm water fly fishing".

Originally Posted By: george1

My last suggestion would be to try to buy your equipment in person which would allow you to rely on the expertise of the folks in the fly shop to help you with any difficult decisions with respect to gear selection. They can probably also make some good suggestions about what flies are currently working on what fish and some new water to try as well.

George maybe in the next couple of months if you have time and
I picked you up some Sunday we could travel to Cabela's in
Allen, Tx. and you could offer suggestions on my first fly
fishing equipment purchase in over 30 years?
Maybe Brian and/or Al could join too.

Good idea Zep!
I believe over the years the Cabelas and BassPro starter combo fly fishing kits have been the most recommended, but not necessarily the best. There are others some may recommend.
Yeah, let’s do it - I have a couple to look at and maybe a Q/D (quick and dirty) lesson out in my back yard and we can run up to Allen and look at Cabelas stuff.

I always recommend a combo starter kit with flyrod, reel, line, and leader to avoid confusion.

My backyard is a perfect place for testing stuff and fly casting practice for PB folks in the area - betcha there are some all over the country willing to help their PB buddies.
Give me a holler Mark
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)