When we bought the land, there was a small 10x10' open shed that was used for shooting from a long time ago. It was a POS and we watched this last fall as it got a little more rickety with every decent wind. It fell, and that added one more chore to the list.

If we ever see enough rain to fill the pond, we want to use the area for social gatherings, and well, a pavilion of some sort is needed...especially here in Texas. So, since I am building another shop on the original adjacent ten acres, two existing structures are to be torn down and the tin (we still call it that, even though it's not "tin" anymore) will be "repurposed" for this pavilion.

I took some 2 3/8" oilfield pipe that I already had and put up four poles and once they had set, I saddled them and welded in a cross piece.

Added a 2' upright and tabs on the outside ends to hold the upper part of the truss.

Welded tabs on for the purlin to be welded to.

Added some base angle to cover the lookouts.

And now I have another dilemma: I really like the extra 2' of over hang that would be gained by adding one more purlin per side. But I'd either have to run two rows of tin (my soon-to-be-repurposed sheets are 8') or buy new custom cut material (easier, but more money). Anyway, as I ponder this, this is where we stand so far.