Dave, I'll ask the guy about your container when I hear from him and let you know. Wasn't that container red? A good coat of Sno Seal (I think that's what the stuff you can paint the top of a travel trailer with is called) might make a big difference.

esshup/cat, I have been looking on different sites and my observation is that the further north one is, the higher the price of spray foram insulation. Downright ridiculous in the northeast, from what I've read...also, it appears that Texas has some of the better prices. From your bid, that's around $3.50 sq ft/in. I'm hoping for half that...we'll see.

Bing, I've experienced the ceiling sweating in a 20x20 detached garage that we have. I used to work inside hardened aircraft shelters in various countries around the world, and came to accept the "inside rain" as a fact of life. Supposedly the spray on insulation will eliminate it.

dlowrance, I have had so many unexpected expenses this past year that I have just learned to take a deep breath and do it (whatever "it" is) because the options are limited, but all are expensive. You're right about my options here, and I think that the spray foam would be the better choice if I want to get to work "in" and not just "on " this shop.

Heck, I just got hit with a $2300 bill for the wife's truck and that is for periodic maintenance (timing chains, sprockets, phasers, and tensioners/guides)!!! But life is still good! Savings might be taking a hit, but that's what it's there for, right?