After a lifetime of city living I moved to this 160 acre farmstead in October of 2008, just 3 miles outside of Lincoln. Knowing what I know now I would have and should have called it in, especially after finding out the Boy Scout Camp was so close, but there's now no doubt in my mind that what I saw was a mountain lion. It was a heavily wooded area with only the creek separating us. He looked at me as I was frozen, turned and walked away. Scared the hell outta me and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

After that encounter I never went exploring unarmed and without a camera, but for the next 4 1/2 years of living there I never saw another one, nor did I hear of any sightings. I have no picture but I know what I saw.

I now live less than a mile from that property along the same creek-line with about 20 acres of wooded area. I only have 2 trail-cams out and I've seen about every critter here but nothing close to the size of that cat.

I found this last Thursday (Thanksgiving) while showing a friend around the property and it was clearly drug about 50' to where it was found, under secluded brush. I just figured it was a pack of Yotes that did it???

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES