Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
I am looking at it long term not short term. Midwest Lk Management is looking at it short term. Both are options as noted by Bruce's post above . Yes - I think that the large area of shallow water is a majority of everyone's pond problems. For all - note that practically all your pond problems occur in shallow water not in the central deep portion of the pond. Constantly battling plant growth that insists growing in shallow nutrient rich water gets quite expensive, labor intensive, and creates lots of aggravation for the long term. BWH is on a low budget thus my suggestion to down size the pond when rebuilding which will reduce the total cost. A 0.5 to 1 ac pond can be very practical, productive, and enjoyable if it is relatively low maintenance compared to a large, shallow, weed infested, expensive to maintain, headache.

Every year you pour a significant amount of money into trying to make a problematic pond usable and attractive is taking away money from the ultimate pond fix of rebuilding it assuming the pond condition warrents rebuilding.

Understandable. I did not know the exact details of the situation but there are always alternatives and different ways to achieve one's goal. This is what is great about Pond Boss. There are a variety of solutions possible.