Having hogs and hunting hogs is different. I have a lot of pigs. But I rarely see one. They are about 99% nocturnal. The odd thing is that I see a lot of tracks but they shun the corn feeders with the game cameras.

A friend shot a 200 lb one on my place last month. That was at a feeder and he had it made into sausage. I'll bet that we won't see any more and they are still around.

Honestly, the depradation stuff seems to be blown out of proportion. I've seen them grazing on my wheat like a cow. They didn't root it up. They will muddy a small, shallow pond but that's unusual. The only problem I've ever seen is a neighbors coastal hay patch. They messed it up by rooting for the grass roots. That was once about 5 years ago and it hasn't happened since. But they have never done it to my place. I've never know them to attack anyone.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP