Originally Posted By: gully washer
... I just thought I'd ask if you were aware that the rear wheels on the JD790, and many other small utility tractors are equipped with a series of mounting lugs, spaced at different depths, which allow for multiple tread widths...

No, didn't know that - thanks for the info. The tractor isn't mine so I unfortunately haven't gone through the operator's manual. I agree too that some sort of brush guard would be nice, but the soil conservation guy said you want to be able to get to it to clean it out. One advantage I have is that I have two culverts and very little water flow through them, so even if one is clogged, the other will handle all the water runoff without any issues. But he reiterated that I need to check them often due to their size. It would probably be ideal to have two large aluminum units, but this job was done on a budget. I also like your terracing and dead men setup above. I was thinking it would be nice to have something like that on the culverts, but since I have those huge bridge beams in place, it's not too late to do something there. I was thinking even some quickcrete around both ends might be good. I had to cut the fabric where they come out and had a little erosion there before I got the rock in place.

Last edited by sfortner; 10/18/13 10:05 AM.