Alrighty, then. Now that the air is clear, here's some input about microbes, from my perspective. Microbes don't kill anything green. They decompose and reconfigure the nutrients which feed and/or make the ingredients which allow macrophytic plants to grow. Microbes expedite the decomposition of decaying algae, etc. Any products which kill plants must be labeled by the EPA to be sold as herbicides. For more than 15 years, I have watched and studied the microbe business as it made its way into the pond management business. Many of us are skeptical, simply because of claims made without any scientific proof. When we ask for solid proof, no one seems to have any. That's EVERY company I have dealt with. Over time, many of us have been willing to take a small risk and try the different microbial products. About the only consistent results I have personally seen has been aiding in breaking the lifecycle of several species of filamentous algae. When asking the different marketing companies about the products they sell the sales rep is quick to point out that the blend is "proprietary." To most of us, that's simply a non-answer which suggests most of the ingredients are most likely available at the local grocery store. It would be great to be able to have some solid, replicated, scientific proof that someone's microbial product works, and works consistently. Until then, expect us to remain at arm's length and to call to question claims such as yours about hydrilla. There are a number of products which kill hydrilla, especially when found in small bodies of water.
I can't tell you that people are actually dissatisifed with microbes, but I have a number of clients who think microbes cost way too much for the benefits. What I have learned is when dealing with invasive aquatic plants, a holistic management protocol is often best for the environment. There are things which can be done above the shoreline, as well as preventative methods under water. Right now, I believe microbes may play a role assisting what goes on in pond soils and decaying organic matter. Bottom line...we need a lot more science and a bit less marketing...until we get more science.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...