Just to add a point to be considered...

A general method of doing a successful stocking of some species of fish when a predator is already present (LMB in your case), is to stock higher numbers of the desired species to stock.

You don't want to do that with grass carp because you could end up with way too many surviving grass carp which could denude your pond more than you want.

I'm going to guess that in MN, a 4lb. LMB is 20-22" long. If you could, you would want to get Grass Carp at 12" or greater in order to stock. If you have access to a dependable supplier, you may want to start with a low stocking number of Grass Carp per acre, and then see what survival rates are like.

It's been my experience that, after stocking, you will see the Grass Carp and easily be able to distinguish them from other fish (here I'm assuming that you don't have common carp in your pond). A lot of times, they seem to hang out together, so you can get a good idea of survival rates.

Recommended stocking rates of Grass Carp can range from just a few per acre to as much as 15-20/acre. I think the majority of the forum here agrees with the way low side of that spectrum.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."