FIH, they were boys. One was the son of a Christian man who sometimes helped me; the other was a friend of that boy. Out of respect of the father, I gave permission to the son to fish my ponds.
Knowing that few things are fun alone, I didn't object when he brought his friend along. After a while they decided to start killing anything alive. Whatever was alive, they wanted dead. When I found a poorly built blind on the pond bank, I mentioned it to the father who told me that his son and his friend had done it. I banned both boys from the property unless they were with the father. Later, I discovered that the son's friend and another boy had vandalized my camp and sheds, stealing a rifle, shotgun and other items, and drowning my trail cameras.
Out of respect for the father, his son is still allowed on the property if with the father. The other boy isn't allowed on the property at all. Actually, I might allow him on the property if he showed up with Jesus holding his hand. The third boy just turned 18 and I haven't reported him to authorities, choosing to let him move into adulthood without the problems that an arrest would introduce right out of the chute.
Wise or not, that's how I handled it.