Kelly :

We have an oxbow lake with duckweed about 2 in. thick. So bad that if you row through it the boat path closes in a few seconds.

The reason for my post is about my attempt to get rid of variable leaf pondweed (potamogeton diversifolius) by using habitat. I have a question about what is occuring. I needed the product to get rid of catails and willows which it did very well. I thought it might work and kill pondweed , roots and all. It is not listed on label. I called the rep. and asked , he contacted prof. at LSU (I don't recall his name) and reported that it would work but had to get on leaves with suff. I did so with mid-range % mix. This is where it gets unusual. In 3 days+- the PW had brown spots on leaves , in 2 weeks the plants were brown down to pond bottom (assume dead or close). In 2 more weeks new PW in same area. Don't know if from roots or new plants. Spray again same result. Spray again same result. In this area it looks just like it did when I started except not as thick. In other places in pond sprayed and most gone and did not come back. In other places mixed results varys in % of effectiveness. In all sprayed areas it appears to dye as first noted above. Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions. ewest