I took a rifle with me when I went to feed tonight, found one in a Beech next to a pond:

First step...pluck a clear area under the tail, by pinching the fur between your thumb and the knife blade...easy.

This is the most important cut..start under the tail, and sever it EXCEPT for the hide.

Continue cutting down the back and around the sides, then put your foot on the tail and the attached hide:

Grip both hind legs, and pull straight up. The hide will peel right off, down to the head, freeing up the shoulders:

Remain standing on the tail/hide, and grip the remaining fur covering part of the belly and the hind legs...pull straight up once again:

Take a pair of sidecut pliers, and snip off the feet at all four ankles. cut off the head, or skin it out if you intend to eat the brains. Make a cut through the skin and remove the entrails, then one more, deeper cut to "butterfly the squirrel and open it up. That's it, all done. This last photo is before I rinsed it off, notice how clean both the animal, and my hands are:

Total time spent skinning. 3 minutes 40 seconds.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.