Well Guy's and Gal's,

One of the formulas I used to verify the info in this thread previously, is incorrect.

I'm messing with some stuff here, and I am saying that this can't be correct! Dang near a perpetual motion machine, and I am going WT?!

It was quite coincidental how the numbers matched, actually really freaky, and the numbers put it within 20 seconds.

Talked to an engineering buddy of mine who is a full time compressed air head laugh wink , and he set me straight! (nice to have engineering buddies)

The real error was in the tad over 4 cfm, which was 4.013. Need to divide that by 14.7, which the "erroneous" formula did not state, thus puts it at 0.27 CFM going to the fusers over an elapsed time of 30 minutes. (14.7 is actually in another part of the equation, but it works on this end)

The time to recharge the tank is also fairly correct at this flow rate. (Quincy, Gardner Denver, and my buddy)

If you want to try get 4CFM out of a compressor like this, on a continuous basis, based on the upper and lower set points, tank volume... it will kick in about every two minutes and run for a minute or so. Don't matter what the pressure is, because you are using volume, and draining it. It will also burn up at this cycle rate!

Based on the numbers, probably not a "3.5HP OUTPUT" compressor either. Gotta watch these non NEMA motor manufacturers that don't fall under any Federal or International Laws with regard to motor nameplate ratings. Probably fired it up when they made it in China and looked at the amp draw on kick in and called it 3.5HP wink

Sorry for any inconvenience!