I am trying to get some concrete from a road construction site the county is doing. Not sure how that will work. I did get to see the lake this weekend and it has lots of deep water. There are plenty of contour changes but obviously no structure whatsoever. Nor is there any drastic depth changes like sheer drop offs. Will that be a problem?

The plan for structure is to utilize the numerous large dead mesquite trees that are all over the ranch. First question is, will they float and if so how should I anchor them? I'm thinking of trying to get a bunch of concrete culverts from the same road project? Will they be toxic if they are older?

Another thought I had was for the real deep water and Vertical structure like standing timber. For my tree trunk, i am thinking of putting a t post in the bottom of the lake and putting a 4-6", 10' tall PVC pipe over it with a 1/2 bag of sacrete down inside for stability. Then I can drill holes, actually pre-drilled, for 1" PVC pipes going thru at various depths and directions to create the "limbs" of the tree. In addition , I thought of bending small sections of cattle panels over my "limbs" for more structure. Thinking of doing these in 3-4 clusters throughout the bottom of the deepest part of the lake. Am I crazy?

Billy Klemstein