Just saw this thread so it's time for an update on our lake. I thought the issue we had in our 3 1/2 acre lake was muck build up, it's not....it's dirt washed in from storm sewers. Since this BOW is for flood control I had a meeting with our board with suggestions to clean out my cove, looking for money in other words to do the work myself with trash pump and dewatering bags, I had figured about $2500 would clean up some of the build up by my boat and improve the lake in general. When I pointed out 2 new islands developing our president wanted to see, so we went to see. He knew immediately what the problem was, because that's why we had the lake drained down and cleaned out 11 years ago, at a cost of $80,000.

Well, we get the MUD engineer to come out and he brings his contractor, the same guy that did the work 11 years ago. They agreed with us and had a contractor in mind that can do the work on just my cove and the over flow area (2/3's of what was done 11 years ago) and they got a bid. $79,900.

Because the bid was over $50,000 the job had to be posted for bids...we're now past that point and work begins next week to clean out the mess. I will post photos.

Bottom line, if anyone is seeking bids for lake clean outs, stand by for heavy rolls. We were told they estimated 200 dump trucks of material will be removed in these 2 small areas.