Sprkplug, thanks for all the great updates!

I've been following this thread since joining PB last May as I had a horrific DW and Coontail problem in my 2 acre (avg 5' depth) pond and also treated at 45 ppb. The DW and CT both disappeared but the CT is coming back this year with a vengeance! Not to blame the Fluridone as I've learned that it is common for CT to rebound in the season following a fluridone treatment; from seeds that didn't germinate during the initial season's treatment. And the suggested treatment for CT is 90 ppb (45 for DW).

Originally Posted By: sprkplug
...Either way, it has to go, probably the sooner the better.... and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if the circumstances required it. Matter-of-fact, I may just do that.

My thoughts exactly! Tomorrow I'm treating at 90 ppb for the CT along with 1 gal of pond dye that went in yesterday, because I've come too far turning this pond around (thanks to the great folks on PB) to get caught up in that stuff on every cast.

All in all I can't agree more on the success of Fluridone (mine was Alligare as it replaced Whitecap). It was just amazing watching the slow death to an eventual weed-free pond!

I have before and after pics in another thread with one PB member describing the before photo as "atrocious". And it was! The 5-weeks later photo was Duckweed and CT free.

Glad to hear you got nearly 2 full years without the weeds because as you stated, this stuff is pricey!

Also, they say it's common to have an FA explosion after a Fluridone treatment but I was fortunate it didn't happen last year (applied 7-4-12). I read where you periodically treated some FA but did your pond suffer from that "explosion"?

Thanks again Sprkplug!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES