I thought I would bump this thread back up with a pic of the pond, hoping to get some more advice on how to not feed water lilies to the fish and wildlife.

From the pic, I am planning on placing the lilies along the right hand bank, which is the inside of the dam.
I will go around to the back of the pond, almost as far as the blue spillway pipe, if I have enough plants. I ordered 25 rhizomes.

I know I need to fence the lilies underwater, any suggestions on what fencing material? Standard chicken wire hopefully? I could also use hardware cloth which would be sturdier? Size hardware cloth?

Wondering about planting depth? Thinking to plant them in pots so the rhizomes are secure, but with holes in the bottoms of the pots so the lilies can root further into the pond soil if they want?

Spacing between rhizomes? The right hand bank in the photo is about 120 feet long.

The rhizomes are coming next week, I will probably wait another week until the water warms up a bit to plant. Still want to get a plan together soon.

and if somebody knows how to embed the photo into the body of the text, that is a mystery beyond me. much appreciated.

thanks!

Attached Images
IMG_0482.JPG