I used 1.5" ABS tubing. Very light. I didn't weigh it but the whole set up with the net can't weigh more than 30lbs. For me, there are so many advantages to using this setup.

1. Trap can be placed in less than 1 min, by 1 operator
2. Trap can be retrieved in less than 1 min, by 1 operator
3. Trap is always set open perfectly, even on uneven bottom
4. Easy to move to different locations
5. Once the anchor and pull line is set, no need for a boat, all work done from shore
6. No lifting with the exception of tipping the net to empty the fish

I am not looking to profit from this design at all. The guys and gals of this forum have given me so much information and taken a lifetime out of my pond management learning curve. All for FREE! Sharing the experience and eventually the final design specifications will be my way of hopefully paying some back.

My water temps are still cold and the fish movement isn't that great. I want to use this set up thru the month of May into early June. Debug it,post a video in use, then post a bill of materials. I really think this setup can help a lot of people struggling to trap fish in their ponds.

The 26 BCP's were 4-6" and have been stocked into a another mans pond. Once the water heats up, I should be trapping hundreds of those bad boys. smile