What I plan on doing is putting in a service building. Not too big, maybe 16 x 24 at the max, but built pretty heavy duty. This would be quite close to the well, close enough just to get the rig in without any trouble. I'll also have my electric service dropped here. This will be the distribution center for water and electricity, and it would be pretty much centrally located for where everything has to go. Enough of this.

I still have to look up what wire is suitable for going down in the well from a VFD, but typically, you would want to use something like this from the drive to the motor: VFD Cable Hope that didn't scare you shocked

It all depends on the drive manufacturers recommendations on how to rig one of their gizmos up.

Because this is low voltage, we probably won't have to worry about Reflected Wave Phenomenon, if you buy a quality gizmo. That sounds scary, but all it really is are very short, high voltage spikes that occasionally happen, and that can toast a motor in very much less time than a blink of an eye. Grundfos stated that their motors can eat 850 volt spikes all the time. Probably would never see 600 volt spikes at these low voltages, so I am not worried about that.

Corona Discharge, which I am sure a few on here have discharged a few laugh Basically what this is, is when these high voltage occurrences happen and you have crappy wire with variable insulation. At the thin points in the insulation, a micro arc can occur. This little arc will produce Ozone. The Ozone will degrade the insulation on the wire, and when that happens, you may want a Corona or two!

You will want a line reactor on the input to the drive to clean up possible crap from the power company. They are pretty cheap. You can also put a line reactor on the output to the motor which will pretty much clean up these issues so you can use, lower cost, but decent quality wire going to the pump. All depends on the VFD tho. Don't want aluminum from the drive to pump, but OK for feeding the drive from the mains.