As far as renting I'll call it a sacrificial compromise to follow my dream.

After owning a home for over 20 years in the city I knew in my heart I belonged in the country. I wasn't getting younger, my son was on his own, yet I could not afford the acreage I wanted and stay close to family. Land is outrageous here!

I rented a farmhouse on 160 acres which was great but never stopped looking. 3 1/2 years later I found my little slice of an 80 acre paradise. I tried for a lifetime lease but settled on a 2 year renewable @ $500 monthly (which is almost wrong in every way). I'm a fairly decent handyman so it's working out great for the owner who lives out of town, and for me as he gives me free reign. His dad lived here and said it hasn't looked this good in 20 years.

Being a project junkie I'm now living my dream and will ride it for as long as the good Lord (and landlord) allows. Sorry, I could go on and on about this place.

Right now it's finding my slow leak from the damn muskrats (I believe) so it will stay full without running the well. Many holes along the damn cry

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 03/28/13 06:15 AM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES