The coontail just wrapped around the propeller instantly, we wern't going anywhere. I raised the pipe and spillway a bit a couple years ago so would say maximum depth would be right around 9' maybe a tad more. the pond is kind of triangular shaped and the majority of runoff comes in at one point and that end of the pond is pretty shallow. I'm sure due to the ponds age there is plenty of silt that has run in over the years. Without actually taking the boat out I would guess the average depth at maybe 3' - 4'. That sounds pretty shallow but I think it would be reasonably accurate. Does that sound like a reasonable depth ? I'm pretty sure that we can do Talapia in Kansas but not sure they would do anything for the Coontail. May be an option though depending on what the cost is for chemical treatment. A homemade contraption thread would be great but I would definately have to pass on a video. I already know some of the stuff I do would make me look like a complete idiot, no need to prove it with a video !