Thanks for the great site lots of great info and help. I will jump right in with my delima. We have an old pond of about 3/4 - 1 acre in size that we have owned for about 5 years. The pond is unusually clear for a Kansas pond and we did find a couple of wet areas outside the pond and assume it is spring fed to some extent. There is also quite a bit of land that feeds runoff to the pond and would bet that some is fertilized. the first 3 years it was overrun with FA so bad the only time you could fish was when the wind blew it all to one area. Last year it had what I think was Southern Naiad so bad you couldn't row a boat across it let alone fish. Of course due to the drought conditions we have had over the last couple of years the water level was down probably 2 1/2' - 3' but don't know if that had any impact. I have 4 boys that love to fish and its frustrating to have to go to the neighboors to fish when we have a pond right out the back door. The pond is now back to about 1' of being full and would imagine when the snow we got this weekend melts off it will be close to full. I would really like to get this pond back in shape but not sure just how to do it with the past problems. I have read pros and cons of pond dye, chemicals, etc. to the point of confusing myself to what would be the best course to take. We used to catch some really nice Bass and Crappie and would like to do it again. I figured I would try to get some info gathered a little earlier and get the jump on it this year. Thanks in advance for the help.