Got another erroneous bill from my state IRS. They won't even specify what it's for other then it's either sales tax, use tax or employee withholding. I paid my sales tax in January all ~ $25.00 as I'm primarily a service business and as a service business in my state I don't pay sales tax except for my retail fish either frozen or mounted. And most of the retail frozen fish I shop are shipped out of state. Use tax doesn't apply and I don't have any employees. Now I get a bill in the mail for over $700.00!

I'll get it straightened out but really irks me is I'll probably be on the phone for hours on hold wasting my time because they made a mistake. Went through this another time with my BMV that claimed I didn't have insurance when I did. Even had my insurance agent vouch for me with documents, but that wasn't enough. I had to take a day off and drive to a location. When I got there I was only there for five minutes and they said, "You're fine." mad

Anybody else deal with incompetence with the government? I wish there was some way to get compensation when they screw up. I'd be a rich man by now.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/09/13 10:09 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.