Originally Posted By: n8ly
I would think that the bass that got caught twice would be the aggressive one and the bass not caught yet the worthless one....

Also in terms of hookshyness, the most hookshy fish I have observed are fish that regularly interact with humans and have been caught alot when young. they will still bite, but not when they are looking right at you...

You are right but you can't harvast a fish you can't catch. And considering you can only keep 50-100 lbs/acre of preditors per acre, the pond will be maxed out if you don't harvast some of the larger females. if you have 50 5lb females thats 250 lbs of preditors which is already the max in a 2.5 acre pond. And thats not counting the 2nd, 3rd, etc generation LMB. So if you harvast the females on the second catch there are two benefits: 1. you get to catch the female twice. 2. you make room for the remaining females to grow even larger. That is, I will have to harvast some big females because there is just not the pond capacity available to put them back. So I have to harvast the ones I catch twice. The hard to catch females will grow large and be the true trophies in the pond after 5 years or so. I just have to catch them eventually. Nobody said trophy fishing was easy smile. Keeping tabs on what I catch and thier weight ratio is essential in a trophy LMB plan and changing the plan accordingly will be key.

Last edited by DKCard; 02/22/13 07:48 PM.