Originally Posted By: Robert-NJ
I want to start out by saying thanks,since finding this site I finally feel like I have the tools and knowledge base to take my pond to the next level.With that said I am starting to feel like a underwater map or survey of sorts might be a wise investment due to the fact that my BOW is a old borrow pit.The budget for playing in my puddle is tight but I feel like this would help me to effectively place cover vs just tossing it in and pray it works.

My question is what does something like this cost?Who does it and if it is cost prohibitive do you guys think I could at least get a good enough guess with gps and a depth finder and use the money for a shock survey instead?

anyways I've hopefully attached a google earth link to my pond and thanks again

my pond

A Lowrance HDS GPS/Depthfinder and some simple software is all you need. Dr. Depth as mentioned provides EXCELLENT personal support in addition to Golden Software. Also, check out the following link for some facts on the accuracy of WAAS which is available with the Lowrance HDS systems. For what you need, these systems will fit your budget and needs.
http://www.cibiobase.com/t-cibiobase-faq.aspx

Jeff Gray (Aquatic Biologist)
"Jack of All Trades.....Master of Some"