Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
Cecil anytime you know someone looking to buy 1lb BG for 100/apiece call me I got plenty too sell smile

Actually a one pound bluegill does not go for $100.00 -- more like $40.00. For $100.00 the fish has to be at least 1 lb. 7 oz. with no flaws -- as in no scales missing, no fin flaws etc. For any flaws that price goes down. Unfortunately the older and larger the fish the more likely there will be a flaw.

I tried selling fish from another farm once and it wasn't worth the trouble. I have to grade the fish as in furs to determine the price, and if I get them frozen I have to thaw them out again.

Many states don't allow the sale of gamefish unless they come from a commercial farm anyway. Some don't allow the sale of gamefish at all, unless they are for stocking. Some only allow it with catfish or other commercial fish like hybrid striped bass or trout.

Some states like Texas require the buyer to purchase a "Texas Fin Fish Import License" and the seller even if he is out of state a "Texas Retail Fish Dealer License" which is $75.00 and $70.00 accordingly last I checked.

This refers to "Commercially Protected Fishfish" which are Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Black Crappie, and Walleye. Needless to say I don't sell any of the above species to Texas. Illinois wants me to buy a $100.00 permit to sell dead fish. No fish sales there either.

I have the laws in writing inquiring about legality from the states that would respond (some won't) to cover my you now what. grin

I had a special agent in Wisconsin tell me he won't respond as, "I was going to break the law anyway." Fortunately I was able to get the information I needed off the Internet from their game laws.

You can always count on the government to figure out how to cut in on the action under the guise of protecting fish and wildlife. wink I tend to be skeptical as I've seen agencies that make the rules and enforce them break their own rules.

Thanks for the offer though.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/15/13 10:54 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.