Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is good and starting the year off better. If you remember last December 2011 I was let go by work so starting last year was a struggle. Still looking for full-time work but I cobbled enough part-time work to pay the bills and as Homer says, "I still am able to crame 8 hours of television into the day". just kidding. Hopefully this year is better, counting the blessing that we have been given.

I am not much of a builder, carpenter etc. Measure once cut 6 times is my motto. It is a very expensive motto. I have been trying to keep busy during the winter and plan ahead for the ponds. Smallmouth and walleye are ordered and I am building sheds and living spaces at home in modules. This will make it easier to transport since we only have a small van.

Building rafters and roof for the sheds.

building walls and frames for the sheds

Deck modules 3 ft by 3 ft. Will arrange in a large square with fire pit in the middle.

I do have to tell 1 quick story. My family and I were in Kentucky visiting my sister and her family. her husband is a forest ranger in Paduka. Anyway, I always bore him with stories of the pond and was telling how a couple of ducks came last Novemember for the day to rest then tke off again. I told him I need to start building bird houses, wood duck houses etc...He says that I should look for a bood or somethign that lists different houses, sizes, hole sizes, location and height sizes. As he is telling me this while we are watching my nephew (his son) play 8th grade basketball game, I am nodding my head while looking through my Pond Boss magazine. Those of you who subscribe already know the end of the story. Old Bob and his crew got me again. Just when I start to doubt Pond Boss it comes and kicks me. I flip the page to the article by Mel "Bird Man" and the article has a grid listing all the necessary info for a variety of bird houses. Thank you guys. I have finished about 15 houses and as soon as I can get to the land, I will start putting them up.

Have a great February and come March back to the ponds to work.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?