Originally Posted By: ewest

In their range CNBG will outgrow regular BG both rate and size. There is a lot to growth rates. Much more than a simple concept. Outside their range CNBG will not outgrow reg BG and like all fish under stress they will first not meet their potential and then die as stress increases.

Ewest, how do we know that CNBG will surpass northern BG in ultimate size? What is the ultimate size of either one? Perhaps I am making it a simple concept, but assuming each fish endured an optimum environment for it's particular sub-species, which one has the potential to grow the largest? I've seen photos of 3-1/4 lb CNBG, but I've also seen 3-1/4 lb native fish....The current Indiana state record.

I'm aware that there are genetic inconsistencies that allow certain individuals to grow larger than others in the same year class, and I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility that CNBG might outgrow northern strain AS A WHOLE, or in general.

But....in a rare circumstance where the stars aligned perfectly, would the potental be there for a exceptional northern fish to achieve the same size as an exceptional CNBG?

That's why I have a problem with definitive statements that claim CNBG will outgrow BG in size. Usually perhaps, but I'm not willing to say always.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.