Originally Posted By: Zep
Ya know this decal thread got me thinking...

Every little bit helps.
Many of us have visitors/guests to our ponds
and many leave saying they "want a pond of their own someday".

Maybe we could get them hooked after a visit by having a small
sign like the example shown below at our ponds.

Great idea! Based on your idea, I'm going to put one on the docks in each of our ponds.

Each season, we have a number of neighborhood cookouts with fish from our ponds and other Pond Boss friend's ponds. Last year, after removing about a 150 lbs., of brown bullheads from Sunil's pond, we had 45 guests on Father's day. There wasn't a fillet or crumb remaining when we finished cooking.

We invited two local pastors, who performed a Sunday morning service, so that no one could have an excuse that they would miss their church service because they might be playing "hooky."

The guests, including the pastors and their families, enjoyed the entire day eating, fishing, and just relaxing.

Based on comments from such gatherings, when Lynda and I find families somewhat serious about building a pond, or visitors with a pond who want a pond like ours, we give them a gift subscription to Pond Boss Magazine.

We do our fish cooking in Pond Boss aprons and Pond Boss caps (which we've given to many).

The more exposure we have for Pond Boss, the better for all of us. We learn so very much from new pond owners, and from those pond owners who have questions.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!