Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I'm beginning to realize that there's an essence on the forum that carries great meaning and importance to most...while myself, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, have failed to take it into consideration.

That would be the social, and sometimes very personal aspect of PondBoss. Ewest alluded to it last night, while George mentions it yet again in his post. As some know, I suffer issues in this regard, so I'm unsure just where I stand. I need to gather my thoughts.

One of the things I've always liked about Pond Boss is that everyone is welcomed -- except for the multiple spammers who sign up from foreign countries overnight to hawk their counterfeit wares and moneymaking schemes.

Even though we've grown a lot in my years on here, I still see a welcoming of bona fide newcomers with an interest in ponds. When I first started posting I felt like I'd been here for a long time. We were still pretty new at the first Pond Boss conference, yet my wife I were greeted at the conference hall door with hugs from Sunil. Bill Cody welcomed us like an usher for VIPs when we walked into the conference hall. Bob Lusk welcomed multiple newcomers from the podium, even some guy wearing a dreaded Green Sunfish Association shirt.

Maybe I have a different perspective, but I think we are still significantly like that, and if we aren't, we need to be made aware of it.

I can think of many on here who regularly participate, but who have never met another participant face to face. I would sure hope they feel comfortable.

There are just a few rules set down by Bob Lusk, and they are fully supported by the moderators. Mostly advertising, and avoiding hot-button subjects that cause people to turn against each other.

As for titles, that just ain't my thing, but they are there. I'd be just as happy with "curmudgeon" if it were available.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!