I have been reading all your posts on pond aeration, but haven't come accross any that mimic my situation here in the upper part of lower michigan. I have a natural pond probably about 2 1/2-3 ac. in size, with about 1 ac of shallow water and associated wetland around the pond. The pond is spring fed and has flow all year long. My father had the pond dug out in spots back in the 60's, but now the pond is nearly covered with lilly pads in the summer and the muck and silt is taking over. There are blue gills and smaller (seemingly stunted fish and some really nice bass. The deepest area is about 8ft in the center and some other 6' spots and the rest is 1-2 foot deep to the muck. I can nearly stick my oar down to the handle through this muck. Oh, I did hear from the locals that many years ago that marrow was taken from the pond for farm fields. I dont know if that is useful info. Anyway, I have ordered a gast rotary vein 1/4hp from c&h and two membrane diffusers in order to start the muck degredation process. I am sure this has got to help, but what would the best location for these diffusers and any other info that might be useful.
Thanks